Small Unmanned Aerial Systems (sUAS)
Small Unmanned Aerial Systems (sUAS) allow safe, accurate, and cost-effective data collection in areas that are inaccessible to conventional surveying methods. sUAS provide an affordable and efficient data collection platform that can be deployed to support a wide variety of geospatial solutions.
- 3D Perspective Analysis and Modeling
- Orthorectified Digital Imagery
- Construction/Site Monitoring
- Contour Mapping
- Corridor/Route Studies
- Dense Point Cloud Data Set
- Digital Surface and Elevation Models (DSM / DEM), plus Derivative
- Geospatial Products (ex. TINs)
- Floodplain Mapping
- Hazard Detection/Site Mapping
- Infrastructure Inspection (Buildings, Pipelines, Electrical Structures, Bridges, Dams, Windmills, Etc.)
- Oblique Photography
- Shoreline Analysis
- Slope Analysis
- Topography (Elevation Contours)
- Various Agricultural Applications
- Vegetation Mapping
- Visual Line of Sight Observations
- Volumetric Survey and Analysis
Interactive 3D models allow the customer to envision their project, analyze changes, and communicate designs. sUAS help by collecting real world façade design from new perspectives, generating accurate dimensions, and integrating new and old construction.
Conventional Topo vs UAS Point Cloud
Photogrammetric point clouds and point clouds from lidar contain more data than a conventional survey. The following image shows a conventional topo completed by a surveyor with a GPS rod (182 points) to a point cloud generated from photos taken with a sUAS (131,164 points). When used to generate a surface model or calculate volumes the extra detail provides a more detailed and precise data set.
We use sUAS technology to supplement our bridge inspection services.
95West Aerial Mapping is at the North Dakota Transportation Conference 2023 conference this week. Stop by our booth to see…
95West Aerial Mapping will talk roadway and county wide aerial mapping and lidar with North Dakota Association of County Engineers…
Watch this video to learn about the services we provide, our industry-leading simultaneous collection system, and the clients we serve….